Transforming Systems Through Trauma Informed Care
Throughout the human services field, at one time or another, we have all seen it: The number of cases climb, the workload takes a toll on staff and caregivers and outcomes suffer. We know this because we aren’t just trainers and consultants – we’re practitioners.
Wellpoint Care Network removes obstacles related to significant trauma histories in children, youth, and families. Our experience spans decades and has included case management, youth residential treatment, family preservation, and mental health services. Through assisting people in our care on their healing journeys, we have acquired substantial direct practice experience and established a proven Trauma Informed Care practice and culture.
You don’t have to be part of a large system to sign up for Trauma Informed Care or Trauma Sensitive Schools training or consulting.
We led a Greater Milwaukee Foundation-funded research project, which showed improvements in three areas of child welfare outcomes when the Wellpoint Care Trauma Informed Care protocol is followed: increased stability, improved permanency for children and better support and collaboration among staff. These experiences have led us to work closely with other child- and family-systems leaders in child welfare, human services, law enforcement, family court judges, community centers, and more.
Recently, Wellpoint Care trainers and consultants were able to help Racine County Human Services turn things around for children and families by embedding Trauma Informed Care practices into a wide swath of county services.
First, we trained Child Welfare case managers in Trauma Informed Care and educators in Trauma Sensitive Schools (TSS). Later, we expanded our Seven Essential Ingredients training to include local police officers, district attorneys, judges and others who routinely meet parents and juveniles at significant crossroads in their lives.
Transforming Systems of Care
The goal was to keep children safe at home and out of the system – and it worked. The number of children in out-of-home care dropped by more than 50% between 2017 and 2020 (from 400 children a month to about 175.) And, family reunifications also improved significantly.
From Intro to Advanced, the Trainings You Need
You don’t have to be part of a large system to sign up for Trauma Informed Care (TIC) training or consulting. All you need is a commitment to learning and practicing the methodologies we have been perfecting for more than a decade. Choose from a training level and type below:
- Introduction to Trauma Informed Care – Learn about Wellpoint Care unique model of Trauma Informed Care, study its Seven Essential Ingredients – step by step – and gain confidence in your understanding of the prevalence and impact of trauma.
- Advanced Trauma Informed Care – Through an eight-part series, take a dive deeper into the application and advanced concepts of the Seven Essential Ingredients of Trauma Informed Care.
- Equitable Trauma Informed Care – Explore the creative mix of core concepts from two of the most influential movements of our time: healing trauma and building equity.
- TIC in Action – Hour-long virtual sessions and connect with those promoting Trauma Informed Care across the country.
- Resilience in Sports – Coaches are invited to join us and STRYV365 for a 3-part training series, in partnership with Milwaukee Sports Alliance, to explore the intersection of trauma and sports.
- Train the Trainer Series – Become a certified Trauma Informed Care trainer at your organization and learn to keep the ripple effect of the Seven Essential Ingredients going strong.
- Consulting and Coaching Services – Get one-on-one or group Trauma Informed Care consultation and coaching services for your organization, customized to your goals.
Trauma Informed Care Protocol Improves Child Welfare Outcomes
A three-year study found our Trauma Informed Care protocol positively influences stability and permanency among child-welfare involved children. The findings were published in the Journal of Child Custody
Meet Maria Andrade
The diversity of the work that I do ensures that no day is like any other.
Meet Tim Grove
Tim has 25 years of professional experience in a variety of direct care and administrative positions,…
Meet Corey Norlander
Corey Norlander is the Lieutenant of Criminal Investigations at the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Office. He is…