Addressing Trauma Begins with Assessing Trauma
While childhood trauma and other adversities are common in those we serve, no two individuals are exactly alike. In fact, barriers related to trauma responses are highly dependent upon a number of personal factors, including the origin and duration of adversities experienced. Therefore, intervention should also be highly individualized.
The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics™ is a developmentally-informed, biologically-respectful framework that can be instrumental in mitigating the effects of trauma.
NMT work begins with highly-skilled therapists trained in trauma assessment, leading to individualized service recommendations for those recovering from the effects of trauma.
Assessment is critical because the brain develops in stages. Knowing when childhood trauma or maltreatment occurred can help pinpoint how the developing brain was affected. Interventions are then individualized accordingly.
In many cases NMT, facilitated by a Wellpoint Care Network clinical therapist or consultant, is a perfect additive to other efforts to improve the mental health and overall function of adults and children.
Neurosequential Model™ Assessment, Consultation and Implementation Services are an effective set of tools for achieving durable, effective outcomes to support higher-risk youth who:
- Have trauma histories.
- Have been involved in the juvenile justice and/or child welfare systems.
- Are at risk for out-of-home placement in residential/group home settings.
- Have histories of aggressive and/or sexualized behaviors.
- Have experienced or are at risk of school suspensions or expulsions.
Make a Referral
If you are interested in requesting NMT services through Wellpoint Care, please download and complete one of the New Patient Referral Forms below.
Adult Referral Form (PDF)
Child Referral Form (PDF)
Please email completed forms to [email protected].
Benefits of the NM Model
The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics™ is a developmentally-informed, biologically-respectful approach to working with children and adults who have experienced trauma. Wellpoint Care is a certified NM Phase II organization.
The NM approach is an effective solution for families, systems and providers who seek:
- Streamlined interventions that address the impact of adverse experiences and current neurodevelopmental functioning to provide more realistic solutions and expectations.
- Effective early interventions and prevention services geared to support children and youth before crisis situations occur.
- Ways to prevent failed interventions and placements.
- A psycho-educational approach that ensures all participants in the client’s care plan understand and can fully act on the recommendations of care plan.
- A flexible approach that supports a wide range of interventions and supports for clients.
Menu of Services
Wellpoint Care has over 10 years of experience partnering with parents, families and caregivers, as well as providers like school districts, County Human Services (CCS, CLTS, Child Welfare) agencies and Juvenile Justice Services.
We provide a flexible, comprehensive array of solutions designed to help you achieve your treatment and care goals.
Funding sources include state funding through Comprehensive Community Services (CCS), Children’s Long-Term Support (CLTS) Waiver, Child Protective Services (CPS), school district budgets, and private pay.